skip to main | skip to sidebar

Thursday, November 3, 2011

What Equipment Do I Need to Start My Home Baking Business?

What Equipment Do I Need to Start My Baking Business?

Here's the good news: using only the most basic equipment, found in most home kitchens, you can begin to bake for profit today!

Baking Tools

What Do You Consider "Basic Equipment"?

1. An oven - your basic home oven will usually do fine. If you are buying a new oven consider choosing a convection oven as it will be a great asset. However, I have done all of my baking with a regular home oven. My mother has two wonderful convection ovens in her kitchen and I get to use those occasionally when I visit her.

2. A mixer - What kind of mixer do you need? A commercial mixer is totally unnecessary (I have one, a giant Hobart, which I rarely use). Any mixer will be a great benefit.

A company called Bosch makes a wonderful mixer. The center column makes it a little harder to clean. Your baking results, however, will be impressive. I have a Bosch which is great for bread baking and almost anything else you want to bake.

I also have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer which I use almost daily. I like it best for cookies and cakes.

Other Equipment Found in Most Kitchens:
A large bowl.
Measuring cups and measuring spoons.
A cookie sheet.
A loaf pan (you can always free-form your loaves if you don't have one).
Muffin pans
Cake pans - round, 13"x9", or half sheet. (Remember: use what you have!)
A nut chopper will be a great time and frustration saver. A food processor will work well too!

Kitchen Scale
A basic scale will be a great addition to your baking business. It will give you better accuracy and consistency in your products. I use one that handles weights up to 10 pounds.

Personal Favorites - Things I Have Used The Most
In my baking business I have used a 16 inch round cake pan more than any other baking pan. I have used it almost exclusively to make party cookies. I have a 1/4 sheet and a 1/2 sheet cake pan that I used until I finally wore them out and had to purchase others. A jelly roll pan has also been a great benefit - although I have never actually made a jelly roll. I also have a set of round pans and a set of heart-shaped pans which have been wonderful to have.

I recommend that you start with what you have on hand because that is what you already use and are familiar with. You can then add equipment as your business grows and as the need for other equipment presents itself.

Happy Baking,
Reda

What Equipment Do I Need to Start My Home Baking Business?

http://buycalphaloncookwaresets.blogspot.com/ http://buykitchengobletsandchalices.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Baking Tools and Accessories Copyright © 2011 | Template created by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger